Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 06, 2013

Black & White, Straight up with a Twist

Bought a new almost white polish today, so I decided to do a simple black and white manicure.

I started with a base coat of Essie's protein base coat. I just started using it, so we'll see if it actually makes a difference on my nails. Then I used 3 coats of Essie Waltz. It's a gorgeous milky white, but it is quite sheer. The coverage was okay after 3 coats, leaves some visible nail line and has almost a jelly-like finish; it maybe could have used a 4th coat for more opacity. It would be a great polish to franken with some pastel glitter ... but that's for another day.


For the tips, I used Essence chic reloaded. Chic reloaded is black with pink and blue shimmer that makes it look almost charcoal grey in some lighting. Instead of a classic french tip, I went with a curve. I used a long thin striper brush to paint the outline of the curve first. Then I filled it in with one thick coat using the striper brush.

A nice combination of macro settings, acetone remover and not moisturizing before a photo make my skin look like a 70 year old's. 

Finally, I added some black flower nail stickers to my thumb and ring finger and finished with a coat of OPI rapid dry.


I got to do something with manicure that I haven't been able to do recently ... take a picture in the sunlight! It really shows off the shimmer of chic reloaded.


I really like how this mani turned out. Simple and classy, but with a funky twist, just enough to keep it interesting. What do you think?

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment