Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Skittles

I had to change my nails for Easter. I thought it would be fitting to do pastel skittle nails (different colour on each nail).

From pinky to thumb I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen mint sorbet, 2 coats OPI my vampire is buff, 3 coats OPI pinking of you, 2 coats no name mondorama and 2 coats no name liquid affair. Mint sorbet and mondorama cover best in 2 coats. Liquid affair and my vampire is buff were passible, a bit streaky, typical for cremes, but nothing a good top coat couldn't cover.


I added some dots in Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On. To make dots I put a drop of polish on a stamping plate, mirror or some wax paper. I dip a small dotting tool in the polish and dot my tips starting at the middle and working out. I re-dip after 2 or 3 dots. I don't usually push my dotting tool all the way down on the nail because sometimes it dents the base coat or pulls up the polish (especially since the white I was using is old and thickening).


I added a cross in Orly prince charming to my ring finger with a long striping brush. As usual, I finished the whole manicure with a coat of OPI rapid dry, which is getting low and a bit thick, so it's beginning to leave bubbles on my nails. 


I'm loving how spring-y these pastel skittles look and I'm enjoying the sunshine that is finally out and creating some warmth! Happy Easter everyone!

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment