Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Purple Tuxedo

So yesterday I finally found a store in my area that sells Essence polish. I managed to exercise some self control and only buy about half the colors they had available. Pretty good, considering they were only $2 a bottle!


Well I had to try at least one of my new purchases and I knew exactly which one it would be. I started with a base of Essence colour & go 132 Break Through. I only used 2 coats, but if I were to wear this polish on its own, I would use at least 3 to make it more opaque. 
Can I just say that I LOVE the brush in these polishes. Wide, flat and slightly rounded at the edges, they are perfect for the way I like to apply my polish!


After letting the base dry, I cut tape into long thin slices and put one down the center of each of my nails. Then I painted 1 coat of A England Bridal Veil over top and pulled off the tape. Can I just say, that A England was everything I wanted it to be an more! I have read such rave reviews about it and it really was fantastic. Perfect consistency, like painting your nails with oil, but covers in one coat and beautiful! I am officially a fan.


The edges of the black are not all as neat as I'd like them, but I got a wonky brush in my bottle of bridal veil, so I did my best. 
On my right hand I got smart and cut a thinner piece of tape for my pinky, but good luck trying to get a decent shot of my right hand.


It hasn't been really sunny here lately, so to give you an idea of the sparkle of bridal veil I had to get my hand obnoxiously close to the flash on my camera; hence the super washed out skin. 


As soon as I finished painting it, I realized it reminded me of tuxedo stripes ... hence the title of this post! I am loving this mani! What do you think?

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment